Printer Friendly Copy
Orthopedic Physical Assessment: The Spine: Module 11: Pelvis
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy
Contact Hours: 3
Registration Fee: $51
1. Identify the applied anatomy of the sacroiliac joints, symphysis pubis, and
2. Identify the resting position, capsular pattern, close and loose packed positions of
the sacroiliac joint.
3. Differentiate between neutral pelvis, upslip and anterior torsion.
4. Define form and force closure.
5. Identify 10 active movements that stress the sacroiliac joints.
6. Identify and distinguish between 6 common stress tests (passive movements) of
the sacroiliac joints.
7. Identify 10 special tests commonly performed on the pelvis.
8. Identify 2 peripheral nerve injuries about the pelvis.
9. Recognize joint play movements of the sacroiliac joints and review structures of
the pelvis to be palpated in an examination.
Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistants, and Athletic Trainers.
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Course Goals: This course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on the applied anatomy, observation, examination and case studies of the shoulder.
This course utilizes text from the hardback textbook by David J. Magee “Orthopedic Physical Assessment” Fifth Edition ©2008. The fifth edition of “Orthopedic Physical Assessment” offers a straightforward, systematic approach to performing a neuromusculoskeletal assessment and explains the rationale behind various aspects of the assessment. Every joint of the body is covered, and separate chapters cover such specific topics as the principles of assessment, head and face, gait, posture, emergency sports assessment and the extremities. It also offers unparalleled coverage of the extremities, clear explanations of positions and movements, and extensive use of tables and illustrations including many radiographs to highlight key points.
This illustrated 1152 page book has been broken down by chapters into modules (check your states approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession). Each module can be purchased separately or combined with one or all of the other modules as a bundle pack. Individual modules are available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM