Printer Friendly Copy
Orthopedic Physical Assessment: Module 6: Lower Leg, Ankle, and Foot
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 5
Registration Fee: $83
1. Identify the resting position, close packed position and the capsular pattern of the
joints of the hindfoot, midfoot and forefoot.
2. Discuss applied anatomy of the hindfoot, midfoot and forefoot.
3. Systematically assess patient history, observation, physical examination and
functional status of patients with lower leg, ankle and/or foot pathology.
4. Identify muscles of the lower leg, ankle and foot: their actions, innervation and
nerve root derivation.
5. Discuss classifications of ankle sprains.
6. Identify common deformities, deviations and injuries to the lower leg, ankle and
7. Identify 7 tests for ligamentous instability.
8. Identify muscles of the lower leg, ankle and foot and their referral patterns.
9. Discuss differential diagnosis of plantar fascitis and tarsal tunnel syndrome.
10. Review 6 types of diagnostic imaging and rationale for its use.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapist Assistants.
This course utilizes text from the hardback textbook by David J. Magee “Orthopedic Physical Assessment” Fifth Edition ©2008. The fifth edition of “Orthopedic Physical Assessment” offers a straightforward, systematic approach to performing a neuromusculoskeletal assessment and explains the rationale behind various aspects of the assessment. Every joint of the body is covered, and separate chapters cover such specific topics as the principles of assessment, head and face, gait, posture, emergency sports assessment and the extremities. It also offers unparalleled coverage of the extremities, clear explanations of positions and movements, and extensive use of tables and illustrations including many radiographs to highlight key points.
This illustrated 1152 page book has been broken down by chapters into modules (check your states approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession). Each module can be purchased separately or combined with one or all of the other modules as a bundle pack. Individual modules are available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM