Printer Friendly Copy
Orthopedic Physical Assessment: Module 4: Hip
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 3
Registration Fee: $51
1. Identify 3 types of snapping hip syndrome.
2. Explain the forces on the hip with standing, standing on one limb, walking,
walking up stairs and running.
3. Identify 23 muscles of the hip: their actions, innervation, and nerve root
4. Discuss range of motion necessary at the hip to perform selected daily activities.
5. Identify 6 functional testing techniques of the hip.
6. Identify 3 functional assessment tools for the hip.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of special tests for hip pathology, leg length discrepancy,
pediatric hip pathology, muscle tightness or pathology, reflexes and cutaneous
8. Demonstrate knowledge of pain referral patterns for 14 different muscles about
9. Identify involved nerves and nerve root levels in a peripheral nerve injury about
the hip by assessing the affected muscles, reflexes and sensory alterations.
10. Review 6 types of diagnostic imaging and rationale for its use.
11. Describe the differential diagnosis of slipped capital femoral epiphysis and ischial
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapist Assistants.
You can check your states approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession. Click on the "purchase" button to be directed to the state specific course catalog page.
**Online Version available for only $47!**
Module 4: Hip (3 contact hours)
This course utilizes text from the hardback textbook by David J. Magee “Orthopedic Physical Assessment” Fifth Edition ©2008. The fifth edition of “Orthopedic Physical Assessment” offers a straightforward, systematic approach to performing a neuromusculoskeletal assessment and explains the rationale behind various aspects of the assessment. Every joint of the body is covered, and separate chapters cover such specific topics as the principles of assessment, head and face, gait, posture, emergency sports assessment and the extremities. It also offers unparalleled coverage of the extremities, clear explanations of positions and movements, and extensive use of tables and illustrations including many radiographs to highlight key points.
This illustrated 1152 page book has been broken down by chapters into modules (check your states approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession). Each module can be purchased separately or combined with one or all of the other modules as a bundle pack. Individual modules are available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM