Printer Friendly Copy
ADVANCED VESTIBULAR REHABILITATION SERIES Individual Sessions: What To Do When It's Not BPPV - Challenging Vestibular Disorders Including Post Concussion Syndrome. ONLINE COURSE (3 hrs)
Education Resources, Inc.
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 3
Registration Fee: $100
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the pathophysiology of concussion and the common symptoms associated with concussion.
2. Describe the characteristics of Physiologic Post-Concussion Disorder, Vestibulo-ocular Post-Concussion Disorder, and Cervicogenic Post-Concussion Disorder.
3. Describe the parameters of the Buffalo Concussion Treadmill Test and the aerobic exercise program based on the treadmill test results.
4. Design a treatment regimen for patients with Vestibulo-ocular PCD, and Cervicogenic PCD.
5. Identify the criteria for diagnosis of Migraine Associated Dizziness.
6. Identify Chronic Subjective Dizziness (Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness) and describe the three arms of treatment for CSD.
7. Discuss the physiologic and imaging test results in patients with CSD.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants, nurses, physician assistants, neurologists, otolaryngologists and emergency room professionals.
This course is offered for 3 Contact Hours, 0.3 CEUs (Intermediate Level)
If you wish to get continuing education credits after watching a course, you will need to take the post-test and pass with a grade of 80% or better. Click the tab "Take Exam". You will be told if you pass. (You may re-take the exam at your convenience until you pass.) Then click the "Receive certificate" button to download and print your CEU certificate.
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants:
Application has been made to select states PA, NJ, FL, LA, MD, NM, NV, OK, TN, WV, KY, MN
Please call the office 800-497-6530 or email email@example.com for status of application.
Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants:
AOTA providerEducation Resources, Inc. is an AOTA Approved Provider for Live and Distance Learning-Independent Courses
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. ERI is a member of the NBCOT Professional Development Provider Registry and as such, provides PDUs to occupational therapists who wish to maintain certification at all of our live and online courses.
International Expert: Richard Clendaniel
Education Resources is thrilled to announce the launch of its new advanced vestibular rehabilitation online course series. The sessions are recorded live from Dr. Richard Clendaniel's highly acclaimed courses, and are now available to a wide range of health care professionals.
This evidence-based course will focus on the assessment and treatment of patients with vertigo and dysequalibrium from unusual vestibular causes. Course participants will distinguish among causes of dizziness such as Concussion, Chronic Subjective Dizziness (Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness), Anxiety, Superior Canal Dehiscence, Fistula, Migraine, and Meniere's disease. Course participants will be able to design and modify treatment programs based on the nature of the cause of dizziness in this patient population.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM