Printer Friendly Copy
Introducing APPI Pilates for Rehabilitation: Matwork Level 1
Cross Country Education
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Registration Fee: $179
1. Participate in a practice session to experience the beginner level of APPI Pilates.
2. Outline the 8 principles of Pilates
3. Develop a sound foundation of the Pilates key elements.
4. Discuss the relevant scientific evidence for the APPI Method.
5. Examine the beginner levels of the static and dynamic APPI Pilates exercises.
6. Assess how to incorporate visual imagery into your teaching
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Athletic Trainers
• Exercise Physiologists
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
• Personal Trainers
• Certified Pilates Instructo
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
CE Information: Click on the "purchase" button for CEU details.
Using the APPI Pilates Method in Rehabilitation
One of the world's most popular Pilates training programs is finally here in the USA. APPI Pilates teaches you a fully integrated Matwork Pilates program that can be used in any clinical setting, without the need for specialized equipment. This highly popular matwork training series, currently run throughout Australia and Europe, is dedicated to detailed and accurate Pilates teaching. Based on the most up to date evidence of spinal stability, pelvic stability, strength and conditioning and pain—this is the essential Pilates training tool for all health professionals. The APPI has analyzed all 34 traditional Matwork exercises, and broken them down into a step-by-step guide from day 1 Pain, right through to elite level sport. Most importantly, every stage has a clinical reason as to why you would choose that exercise for your client. Research has shown that specific retraining of the deep abdominal muscles reduces the recurrence rate of low back pain. Evidence from Hides (2003), Hodges (2006, 2008, 2009), Mosely (2006), Jull (2004), and many more have shown us the relevance of motor control theories and their clinical use. Combining this knowledge with that of the Global Sling theories, Andry Vleeming, Dianne Lee and others have led to the APPI Pilates Method being the most scientifically sound of all the Pilates training in the world today.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM