Printer Friendly Copy
Lymphedema and Complete Decongestive Therapy
Cross Country Education
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
Registration Fee: $199
1. Identify lymphatic anatomical structures and functions.
2. Explain capillary filtration and absorption.
3. Describe types, staging, and classification of lymphedema.
4. Examine Complete Decongestive Therapy performed on patients.
5. Gain self-confidence required for a Lymphedema Evaluation.
6. Compare evidence-based lymphedema research
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Massage Therapists
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
CE Information: Click on the "purchase" button for CEU details.
Complete Decongestive Therapy is the Gold Standard for Lymphedema Treatment
Lymphedema is an abnormal accumulation of protein rich fluid due to a mechanical insufficiency of the lymphatic system resulting in excess swelling and soft tissue damage in a limb. The lymph system is impaired, limiting normal transportation of lymph fluid as it returns to the circulatory system. In the U.S., lymphedema is related to secondary causes such as cancer treatment and primary causes such as a congenital impairment of the lymphatic system.
This seminar will provide you with an intense understanding of the imbalance of fluids at the capillary bed and lymphatic drainage and transport. You will understand the "why" behind the effectiveness of Complete Decongestive Therapy through a thorough understanding of the lymphatic system and individual patient treatments. Pictures and videos of real patient treatments will be shown throughout the seminar to strengthen your knowledge base.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM