Printer Friendly Copy
Pain-Free Posture: Correcting Postural Faults With Massage and Taping Techniques
Cross Country Education
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Registration Fee: $179
1. Compare non-invasive dynamic extension release techniques designed to improve musculoskeletal imbalances and unlock dysfunctional bio-mechanics.
2. Analyze applications of posture improvement techniques in a variety of practice settings.
3. Evaluate the impact of improper posture on postural muscles and explain how the decline of postural muscles results in structure instability.
4. Evaluate effective therapeutic protocols for treating debilitating scapular and rib pain and the 3 primary muscles associated with TMJ dysfunction.
5. Demonstrate active isolated assisted-stretching techniques that effectively elongate and reeducate injured muscle tissue in the trunk and neck.
6. Demonstrate an effective kinesiology tape treatment that aids in mechanical correction of the trunk
• Massage Therapists
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Athletic Trainers
• Strength and Conditioning Specialists
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
CE Information: Click on the "purchase" button for CEU details.
An Integrative Approach to Postural Pain
The aging body is prone to a cascade of postural problems that impact functional movement, including joint pain, reduced proprioception, muscle weakness, and diminished power. Addressing these postural faults is inherently challenging, as subtle compromises in the integrity of the neck/shoulder complex can rapidly affect every structure associated with this region.
Learn to replace movement and posture imbalances with effective alternatives while treating stuck areas that, once released, will awaken the active, dynamic musculature hidden within each of your clients. Explore the relationship between postural muscles and movement dysfunction, and discover evidence–based massage and taping techniques for elongating and reeducating injured muscle tissue in the shoulders, trunk, and neck. By combining these techniques with practical self–care exercises, you will be able to fully address a range of posture–related problems, from debilitating scapular and rib pain to TMJ dysfunction.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM