Printer Friendly Copy
Building Therapy Caseloads
Cross Country Education
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Speech-Language
Registration Fee: $179
1. Examine practical application of Medicare Part B policies
2. Discover a deeper understanding of the various roles of rehab in long-term care nursing facilities
3. Maximize staff screen to eval ratios while providing the highest level of care to the long-term resident
4. Engage the entire facility staff in understanding and supporting the therapy department and its residents
5. Learn how to effectively provide clinical documentation to support MEDICAL NECESSITY for therapy services
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• MDS Coordinators
• Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Nursing Home Administrators
• Activities Professionals
• Long-Term Care Staff and Administration
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
CE Information: Click on the "purchase" button for CEU details.
Productivity Issues—Meeting Today's Standards
Federal and State governments are significantly changing our "Standards of Care" while decreasing reimbursement and increasing denials. In the next few years, we will experience yet another shift in practice from regulation changes with MDS 3.0, RUGs-IV, RAC audits, documentation requirements, and ICD-10 coding systems. In addition, the face and expectations of the "modern" nursing home resident has changed substantially in the last 10, 20, 30 years. Yesterday's methods are no longer able to meet today's standards.
This course will equip health care professionals with the tools necessary to master the challenges of current and upcoming regulations while continuing to meet company productivity requirements. Shelly Mesure, MS, OTR/L, will focus on the key essentials every long-term care facility has available. Various strategies will be discussed to maximize reimbursement, along with a comprehensive understanding of other facility departments' roles. Case scenarios will focus on typical everyday occurrences with an open format to promote group discussion and enhance the learning experience. Excellent resource tools and reference materials will be provided to promote continued learning beyond the date of the course.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM