Printer Friendly Copy
Psychopharmacology in Plain English
Cross Country Education
Discipline(s): Counseling / Social Work / Psychology
Registration Fee: $179
1. Anticipate the common questions frequently encountered by non-prescribing therapists regarding medications
2. Examine why non-prescribing therapists should be knowledgeable about basic psychopharmacology
3. List actions assumed to be beyond the scope and not appropriate for non-prescribing therapists
4. Identify how the most common antidepressants, anti-anxiety and insomnia medicines work
• Mental Health Counselors
• Crisis Intervention Counselors
• School Guidance Counselors
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Pastoral Counselors
• Substance Abuse Counselors
• Case Managers
• Nurse Practitioners
• Physician Assistants
• Pharmacists/Pharmacy Technicians
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
CE Information: Click on the "purchase" button for CEU details.
Helping Your Clients Understand Their Medicines without Getting Yourself into Trouble
If you're like a lot of therapists, many of your clients are taking psychotropic medicines that are prescribed from a variety of sources. This could come from a variety of health care professionals: psychiatrists, family physicians, nurse practitioners—and there are always some who have no idea where they got the prescription from. Despite the origin of the prescription, it is your responsibility to help follow your clients' progress, their symptoms and reactions, without stumbling into unethical or illegal advice-giving around their medications. This can be tricky stuff.
This one-day seminar will focus on practical decisions when confronted with psychopharmacological ethical dilemmas and on practical information about antidepressants, antipsychotics and medicines for insomnia. Attendees will become familiar with the appropriate parts of the various ethics guidelines and how they might apply to their practice. Finally, we will "bottom line" the most prescribed antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications and sleep medications on the market today. You will leave knowing how they work, as well as the benefits and side effects associated with each of them. We'll present the top five from each category that are the most important to know. If you know how these work, you'll be able to understand nearly all of the rest. Cheat sheets will be available.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM