Printer Friendly Copy
Ethical Realities of Clinical Practice
Cross Country Education/VYNE
Discipline(s): Counseling / Social Work / Psychology
Registration Fee: $179
1. Discuss the purpose and application of ethical standards, while decreasing risk in your practice.
2. Explore how to make educated and objective ethical decisions.
3. Discover how to establish and preserve ethical boundaries and avoid dual relationships.
4. Examine the limits of confidentiality regarding legal and electronic issues.
5. Assess the ethics of documentation and record keeping.
6. Identify common rationalizations that lead to ethical errors.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Psychiatric Nurses
• School Counselors
• School Psychologists
• Crisis Intervention Specialists
• Case Managers
• Substance Abuse Counselors
• State and Federal Counselors
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
CE Information: Click on the "purchase" button for CEU details.
Daily Challenges of Ethical Practice
When mental health professionals discuss ethics, many times the discussion evokes fear and paranoia. Practitioners frequently confuse law with ethics. Our professional organizations have written ethics and standards for the purpose of establishing guidelines for practice. These are not intended to be laws. "Ethics" is not about avoiding legal action; rather, it is about knowing and practicing within the expectations of our profession. Even though our disciplines are referred to as the "helping professions," we must remain mindful of the scope and limitations of practice.
This course sorts out fact from fiction about the nature of ethics and their application in practice. Clinicians gain an appreciation for the purpose and application of ethical standards as well as learn what practical steps to take in order to decrease risk in their practice.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM