Printer Friendly Copy
Inside the Manipulator's Mind: The Insider's Guide to Ending Emotional Exploitation
Cross Country Education
Discipline(s): Counseling / Social Work / Psychology
Registration Fee: $179
1. Describe the manipulation process and examine common manipulative behaviors.
2. Analyze the relationship between reasoning deficiencies and emotionally manipulative behavior.
3. Articulate behavioral patterns characteristic of people who tend to be most susceptible to emotional manipulation.
4. Explain common responses to and risks of emotionally manipulative behavior.
5. Evaluate strategies clients can use to effectively counter manipulation in a variety of contexts.
6. Identify common limitations of manipulative relationships.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
• Case Managers
• Psychiatric Nurses
• Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
• Criminal Justice Personnel
• Pastoral Counselors
• School Counselors
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
CE Information: Click on the "purchase" button for CEU details.
Constructive Strategies for Countering Emotional Manipulation
From guilt trips to gaslighting, emotional manipulation takes many forms, and it's often so covert that clients have difficulty articulating how and when it's happening. This seminar explores the manipulator's motivations for relating to others through drama, offering an in–depth analysis of the manipulation process. Discover effective strategies your clients can use immediately to recognize and counter manipulation in any setting while establishing healthy relational boundaries. Combining decades of clinical practice and the latest behavioral research, Dr. Alan Godwin offers comprehensive solutions you will be ready to use the next day to engage and empower your clients.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM