Printer Friendly Copy
The Blueprint to Help Couples Survive Infidelity: Clinical Strategies for Repairing Broken Trust
Cross Country Education/VYNE
Discipline(s): Counseling / Social Work / Psychology
Registration Fee: $179
1. Describe the key triggers for infidelity with an emphasis on motivating patterns to treat couples struggling with the impact of an affair.
2. Conduct a relationship assessment.
3. Discuss risk and protective factors to treat infidelity.
4. Examine the types of affairs and how the treatment pathways differ based on each type with some emphasis on the impact of social media.
5. Identify effective strategies to guide couple through the healing process.
6. Analyze therapeutic models for rebuilding trust and transitioning through the cycle of forgiveness.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
• Pastoral Counselors/Clergy
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
CE Information: Click on the "purchase" button for CEU details.
Riding the Emotional Rollercoaster
Couples often seek treatment through counseling as a final attempt at mending the relationship. In the case of infidelity, research indicates that the injured party most often experiences trauma in unwanted memories, traumatic flashbacks, upsetting dreams, and severe emotional distress. The person who cheats may be coping with emotions of guilt, shame, and hopelessness. It can be incredibly difficult for therapists to guide couples through these intense emotions.
The process of moving couples from feelings of betrayal to feelings of forgiveness does not happen overnight, but reconciliation is possible. Dr. Louis will explore the stages of healing and the risk factors that lead to infidelity. During this seminar you will be led through evidence-based research from Leone, Dolbin-MacNab, Richards, and a host of others. Clinicians will leave with a clear vision to assist clients in rebuilding trust.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM