Printer Friendly Copy
Exercise Strategies and Progression in Neurological Rehabilitation
Therapy Network Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 1.5
Registration Fee: $21
• Review of the concepts of neuroplasticity, recovery versus compensation, and motor learning/motor control as it relates to Neurorehabilitation
• Appraise the evidence related to intensity of practice and the components necessary to maximize motor and functional recovery
• Contrast what is current standard of care with the literature, and offer some practical examples of manipulating/driving intensity of practice to improve outcomes
• Apply the concepts of task specificity and intensity of practice to exercise prescription for persons with neurological dysfunction.
• Demonstrate therapeutic exercises/activities that address common impairments and functional limitations in persons with neurological dysfunction
PT, PTA, OT, OTA, ATC, PA-C
An email confirmation with a link to join the webinar and instructions will be sent upon receipt of tuition.
This course will provide a brief focused review of neuroplasticity and recovery, as well as an overview of literature related to intensity of practice and other factors that optimize motor and functional recovery. This course will provide practical examples of creating task specific exercises and therapeutic activities, and integrate these into a plan of care that is evidence based to maximize recovery.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM