Printer Friendly Copy
Obesity in Rehabilitation: Removing Treatment Barriers to Improve Outcomes
Cross Country Education/VYNE
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 6
Registration Fee: $199
1. Examine the socioeconomic impact of obesity in the health care system.
2. Determine physiology and unique pathologies that are impacted by obesity.
3. Develop effective methods to assess and evaluate the obese client.
4. Utilize evidence-based treatment strategies and protocols to optimize rehab outcomes in the obese patient population.
5. Analyze how obesity-related co-morbidities such as diabetes, hypertension, and stroke affect treatment planning.
6. Discuss best practices for the physical safety of practitioner and patient during treatment.
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Occupational Therapists
• Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Athletic Trainers
• Exercise Physiologists
• Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists
• Rehab Nurses
• Personal Trainers
Receive unlimited access from the time of purchase through completion and submission of the online exam. Once the exam is taken the seminar will be available for 30 days before course access expires.
By purchasing a distance learning product for continuing education, you agree that you will solely participate and complete this distance learning product
Click on the "Purchase" button then CE Info tab for complete CEU details for your state and profession.
Take the Guess Work Out of Treating the Obese Patient
The world is at war with obesity. To be victorious, obese patients must be given tools to restore their functional mobility and safely increase their overall activity. Therapists are forefront on the battlefield and must be armed with well-designed treatment plans; practical, evidence-based management strategies; and unilateral support from both medical and rehabilitation teams in order to best meet patient objectives. Obstacles like co-morbidities, lack of patient buy-in, and potential safety hazards abound but, with proper evaluation and sound exercise prescription, small battles can be won each day on the way to secure the bigger prize?a healthier patient.
Join Chad Hensel, DPT, for a comprehensive, one-day course devoted solely to the functional recovery and removal of rehabilitation barriers for the obese patient. Dr. Hensel outlines the latest data on how "globesity" is affecting the role of the rehab professional and provides evidence-based tools for overcoming the most prevalent and vexing environmental, psychological, and logistical problems that surface during therapy. Hands-on lab practice allows participants ample time to investigate alternative techniques for physical examination of the obese patient and practice simple and effective therapeutic exercises. Co-morbid conditions and associated treatment considerations are illuminated through case study review. Attendees gain the tools and practical knowledge to best treat any aged, obese patient across any practice setting while ensuring minimal risk of injury for both patient and practitioner.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM