Printer Friendly Copy
Agility, Quickness and Reactivity
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 4
Registration Fee: $89.9499969482422
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Identify the key components to an athlete’s success in sports.
2. Identify agility.
3. Identify reaction skills
4. Identify quickness.
5. Identify 3 read and react skills that will help athletes respond to game situations safely and effectively.
6. Identify 3 sport actions that can be the most dangerous to athlete safety.
7. Identify 3 reasons for training agility, quickness and reaction skills in sports
8. Identify 8 components of the Agility, Quickness & Reactivity (ACR) training model.
9. Identify biomechanical efficiency.
10. Identify the components coupling and counter movement.
11. Identify the concept of "5 Gears of Speed".
12. Identify multidirectional quickness.
13. Identify 3 reasons why a warm-up is critical.
14. Identify 4 things to consider when planning and preparing your workout.
15. Identify 3 safety precautions to take when performing an ACR workout.
16. Identify the anatomical movement that protects an athlete from injury during lateral movement training.
17. Identify the 5 ways to progress and regress ACR drills.
18. Identify 30 exercises for training agility, quickness and reactivity using BOSU TM, hurdles, and ladders and ways to modify the exercises for skill level.
19. Identify plyometrics.
20. Identify movement skills,
21. Identify reactivity.
22. Identify the key ingredient in the recipe for successful training.
23. Identify 7 criteria that can be used to determine if a drill is "athlete ready"
Course Length: 4.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
Twist Conditioning has built its own unique system of training. The Twist Training paradigm focuses on training movement, not muscle. The system helps athletes to develop efficient, quick, powerful, deceptive, and confident movement abilities that will translate into increased sport skills, tactics, and overall performance. This method has developed and evolved through years of practical experience and sport science research. Traditional methods of training, such as muscle isolation, machine-based training, aerobic training, and linear speed training can all lead to injury and leave the body ill-prepared for the demands of sport and life.
The Twist Sport Conditioning Paradigm draws upon the secondary fitness characteristics: anaerobic energetics, dynamic balance, speed, agility, quickness, multi-directional movement skills, muscle reactivity, joint stability, whole body reaction skills, multi-joint strength, whole-body power initiation, rotary core power, deceleration and other athletic attributes that contribute to making athletes more skillful and durable.
This package contains the Agility, Quickness and Reactivity workbook and DVD.
Course Goals: This course is intended to instruct the student through self-paced study, on ways to improve their competence in the field of sport conditioning by developing competence in the Twist Conditioning training methodology for agility, quickness and reactivity.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM