Printer Friendly Copy
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 4
Registration Fee: $89.9499969482422
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Identify 5 attributes of sport that can be improved with Core Power TM training.
2. Define Core Power TM
3. Identify the 5 principles used to develop Core Power TM
4. Identify the 3 different types of contractions Core Power TM trains.
5. Identify the 6 things a trainer should be aware of to reduce the chance of injury with Core Power TM training.
6. Identify the 4 major attributes of your athletes that you should consider when developing a training program.
7. Identify 3 reasons why a warm-up is critical.
8. Identify 4 things to consider when planning and preparing your workout.
9. Identify 7 exercises for core strengthening that are performed using a BOSU TM and ways to modify the exercises for skill level.
10. Identify 5 exercises for core strengthening that are performed using free weights and ways to modify the exercises for skill level.
11. Identify 7 exercises for core strengthening that are performed using a weighted medicine ball and ways to modify the exercises for skill level.
12. Identify 6 exercises for core strengthening that are performed using a safety toner and ways to modify the exercises for skill level.
13. Identify 15 exercises for core strengthening that are performed using a stability ball and ways to modify the exercises for skill level.
14. Identify 4 things that can be increased to achieve the overload principle.
15. Identify muscular endurance.
16. Identify reactivity.
17. Identify sequential firing.
18. Identify core stabilization.
19. Identify transverse plane, frontal plane and sagittal plane.
20. Identify the key ingredient in the recipe for successful training.
21. Identify 7 criteria that can be used to determine if an exercise is "athlete ready"
Course Length: 4.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
Twist Conditioning has built its own unique system of training. The Twist Training paradigm focuses on training movement, not muscle. The system helps athletes to develop efficient, quick, powerful, deceptive, and confident movement abilities that will translate into increased sport skills, tactics, and overall performance. This method has developed and evolved through years of practical experience and sport science research. Traditional methods of training, such as muscle isolation, machine-based training, aerobic training, and linear speed training can all lead to injury and leave the body ill-prepared for the demands of sport and life.
The Twist Sport Conditioning Paradigm draws upon the secondary fitness characteristics: anaerobic energetics, dynamic balance, speed, agility, quickness, multi-directional movement skills, muscle reactivity, joint stability, whole body reaction skills, multi-joint strength, whole-body power initiation, rotary core power, deceleration and other athletic attributes that contribute to making athletes more skillful and durable.
This package contains the Sport Core workbook and DVD.
Course Goals: This course is intended to instruct the student through self-paced study, on ways to improve their competence in the field of sport conditioning by developing competence in the Twist Core Power TM methodology.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM