Printer Friendly Copy
Muscle Energy Techniques, 4th Edition: Module 1
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 15
Registration Fee: $224.949996948242
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Comprehend the importance of correct palpation techniques in being able to sense states of relative tension or bind in soft tissues.
2. Comprehend a rational sequence of management for care and rehabilitation of patients with musculoskeletal and more diverse health problems based on sound biomechanical and physiological principles.
3. Differentiate between the different types of barriers and end feels of soft tissues and relate what that condition that barrier indicates.
4. Comprehend the importance of being able to sense the very beginning of bind in soft tissues.
5. Recognize when to use MET and reciprocal inhibition in both acute and chronic contexts.
6. Identify 5 possible patient errors during MET.
7. Identify 7 possible practitioner errors in the application of MET.
8. Recognize contraindications for MET.
9. Recognize possible side-effects from the application of MET.
10. Recognize the muscles involved with both upper and lower crossed syndromes.
11. Comprehend the correct use of MET in the assessment and treatment of postural muscles.
Course Length: 15.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
This course is offered in cooperation with Elsevier Science and utilizes the softback textbook, “Muscle Energy Techniques”, 4th Edition by Leon Chaitow, ND, DO. These courses set out clear, practical and clinical guidelines for all students and practitioners wishing to use muscle energy techniques as part of their patient management. These techniques can be widely used with problems ranging from hypertonicity and muscle tightness to joint dysfunction and joint capsule adhesions.
Module 1 (Course 778): Covers how to use MET and applies the techniques to assessing and treating postural muscles
Module 2 (Course 779): Covers how to use MET and applies the techniques to assessing and treating joints
These courses are approved for 15.0 contact hours each. Note: When ordering a single module or an electronic download version, only the selected chapters are included in the reading materials. When ordering a standard bundle pack (not the electronic download version), the entire softback textbook with be sent with the order.
This package contains the reading and testing materials for Module 1 only.
This course is intended to instruct the student through self-paced study on the use of muscle energy techniques in patient rehabilitation and to give the student a basic knowledge of treatment methods using muscle energy techniques for assessing and treating postural muscles.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM