Printer Friendly Copy
Rehabilitation for the Postsurgical Orthopedic Patient, 3rd Ed: Module 6
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 10
Registration Fee: $149.949996948242
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Evaluate 4 different patients for the potential of meniscus repair.
2. Evaluate 4 different sized needles in outside-in meniscal repair surgery.
3. Understand physical therapy protocols after meniscus repair and long term outcomes.
4. Understand bracing after meniscus repair.
5. Analyze range of motion goals in early meniscus repair rehabilitation.
6. Analyze 4 different exercises in early rehabilitation after meniscus repair.
7. Understand the use of stationary cycling after meniscus repair.
8. Evaluate flexion range of motion goals after meniscus repair.
9. Understand a return to sport program after meniscus repair.
10. Analyze isokinetic strengthening after meniscus repair.
11. Understand return to sport or activity participation criterion after meniscus repair.
12. Analyze 4 different radiology tests in relation to autologous chondrocyte implantation.
13. Understand the procedure for harvesting articular cartilage in autologous chondrocyte implantation.
14. Analyze 4 different treatment protocols for patient with ACI.
15. Analyze the metabolism of 4 different proteoglycans in relationship to ACI.
16. Understand the relationship between 4 different interventions and CPM after ACI.
17. Analyze open chain knee exercises in early rehabilitation after ACI for a trochlea defect.
18. Analyze 4 different criteria to progress in rehabilitation after ACI.
19. Understand return to sports protocols after ACI.
20. Understand what part of the patella is usually injured during fracture.
21. Understand the rate of healing after patella ORIF.
22. Evaluate 4 types of patella ORIF and the time frame to initiation of therapy.
23. Evaluate maximal function time frames after patella ORIF.
24. Analyze passive range of motion in early rehabilitation after patella ORIF.
25. Analyze weight bearing status after patella ORIF.
26. Understand active range of motion rehabilitation protocols for the quadriceps after patella ORIF.
27. Understand late rehabilitation goals after patella ORIF.
28. Understand the use of isokinetics after patella ORIF.
29. Compare and contrast TKA and UKA hospital stays.
30. Understand the correct order of the surgical procedure used in TKA.
31. Analyze 4 different deformities of the knee and their relationship to TKA.
32. Understand the procedure used to manipulate the patella during MIS-TKA.
33. Analyze passive range of motion goals after TKA.
34. Understand patella femoral joint reaction force during running.
35. Analyze possible superficial peroneal nerve compression after TKA.
36. Understand the strength of 4 different ligaments of the ankle.
37. Analyze 4 nerves and their potential for injury during lateral ligament repair of the ankle.
38. Analyze weight bearing protocols after ligament repair of the ankle.
39. Understand the time frame for formal physical therapy intervention after lateral ligament repair of the ankle.
40. Evaluate return to play criterion for athletes after a lateral ligament repair of the ankle.
These courses are approved for 10 contact hours each.
Instructional level: Intermediate
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
These courses are offered in cooperation with Elsevier Health and utilize the hardback textbook, “Rehabilitation for the Postsurgical Orthopedic Patient, 3rd Edition", c2013 by Lisa Maxey & Jim Magnusson. Replacing 2 of our most popular courses from the 2nd Edition, this new edition provides current, evidence-based guidelines to designing effective rehabilitation strategies. Coverage of each condition includes an overview of the orthopedic patient’s entire course of treatment from pre- to post-surgery. For each phase of rehabilitation, this book describes the postoperative timeline, the goals, potential complications and precautions, and appropriate therapeutic procedures.
These courses are essential to both inpatient and outpatient physical and occupational therapists, physical and occupational therapy assistants and athletic trainers who deal with postsurgical orthopedic cases!
Module 1 (Course #771): covers shoulder acromioplasty, anterior capsular reconstruction, rotator cuff repair and rehabilitation, and superior labral anterior/posterior repair.
Module 2 (Course #772): covers total shoulder arthroplasty, extensor brevis release & lateral epicondylectomy, reconstruction of the ulnar collateral ligament with ulnar nerve transposition and platelet rich plasma therapy.
Module 3 (Course #773): covers primary flexor tendon repair in the digit, carpal tunnel release, transitioning the throwing athlete back to the field, and anterior cervical discectomy and fusion.
Module 4 (Course #774): covers posterior lumbar arthroscopic discectomy, lumbar spine fusion and lumbar spine disc replacement.
Module 5 (Course #775): covers total hip arthroplasty, hip arthroscopy, hip ORIF, ACL reconstruction and arthroscopic lateral retinaculum release.
Module 6 (Course #776): covers meniscectomy and meniscal repair, autologous chondrocyte implantation, ORIF of the patella, total knee arthroplasty and lateral ligament repair of the ankle.
Module 7 (Course #777): covers ORIF of the ankle, ankle arthroscopy, achilles tendon repair and bunionectomies.
This package contains the required reading and test materials for Module 6 only.
Note: When ordering a single module or an electronic download version, only the selected chapters are included in the reading materials. When ordering a standard combo, triple, bundle, or value pack (not the electronic download version), the hardback textbook will be sent with the order.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM