Printer Friendly Copy
Rehabilitation for the Postsurgical Orthopedic Patient, 3rd Ed: Module 4
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 10
Registration Fee: $149.949996948242
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Evaluate 4 different radiographic tests for the presence of lumbar disc herniation.
2. Evaluate indications for lumbar discectomy.
3. Evaluate the use of a microscope in lumbar discectomies.
4. Understand the use of a ligamentum flap in large midline disc herniations.
5. Evaluate the possibility of a recurrent HNP.
6. Understand the treatment of cauda equina syndrome by the surgeon.
7. Evaluate return to work possibilities after lumbar arthroscopic discectomy.
8. Evaluate range of motion testing after lumbar arthroscopic discectomy.
9. Analyze the Oswestry Low Back Pain Disability Questionnaire.
10. Analyze different postures associated with arthroscopic lumbar discectomy.
11. Understand the role of neuromobilizations after lumbar arthroscopic discectomy.
12. Evaluate the role of the transversus abdominis in rehabilitation following lumbar arthroscopic discectomy.
13. Analyze the use of a compression patch over the scar after an arthroscopic lumbar discectomy.
14. Understand the role of axial loading after lumbar arthroscopic discectomy.
15. Analyze the return to running after arthroscopic lumbar discectomy.
16. Analyze the return to previous function after arthroscopic lumbar discectomy.
17. Evaluate the effectiveness of 4 different exercises after lumbar arthroscopic discectomy.
18. Analyze the correct time of day for returning to running after lumbar arthroscopic discectomy.
19. Analyze 4 different radiographic tests and their relation to bony stenosis of the lumbar spine.
20. Understand the degenerative cascade.
21. Analyze pain before a posterolateral lumbar fusion.
22. Analyze 4 different lumbar fusion techniques and their relationship to a kyphotic alignment post-surgery.
23. Understand the relationship between 4 different lumbar nerve roots and their relationship to a lateral interbody lumbar fusion.
24. Understand the time frame to begin outpatient physical therapy after lumbar spine fusion without instrumentation.
25. Analyze advanced lumbar stabilization exercises after lumbar spine fusion.
26. Analyze the proper rehabilitation protocols after lumbar spine fusion.
27. Understand contraindications and manual muscle testing after lumbar spine fusion.
28. Evaluate proper body mechanics in relationship to the lumbar spine.
29. Evaluate ultrasound usage over a healing bony fusion.
30. Evaluate 4 different exercises and their relationship to abdominal bracing.
31. Evaluate the arthrokinematics of the lumbar spine as compared to the thoracic spine.
32. Understand stretching the lumbar spine after lumbar disc fusion.
33. Understand return to work protocols after lumbar spine fusion.
34. Analyze 4 different lumbar pathologies and their relationship to lumbar spine disc replacement.
35. Analyze the surgical approach to lumbar spine disc replacement.
36. Analyze the tissue healing phases after lumbar spine disc replacement.
37. Analyze indications for lumbar disc replacement.
38. Evaluate possible hospital stay length after lumbar spine disc replacement.
39. Understand proper body positioning after lumbar spine disc replacement.
40. Analyze mobilization of the lumbar spine after lumbar spine disc replacement.
These courses are approved for 10 contact hours each.
Instructional level: Intermediate
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail
These courses are offered in cooperation with Elsevier Health and utilize the hardback textbook, “Rehabilitation for the Postsurgical Orthopedic Patient, 3rd Edition", c2013 by Lisa Maxey & Jim Magnusson. Replacing 2 of our most popular courses from the 2nd Edition, this new edition provides current, evidence-based guidelines to designing effective rehabilitation strategies. Coverage of each condition includes an overview of the orthopedic patient’s entire course of treatment from pre- to post-surgery. For each phase of rehabilitation, this book describes the postoperative timeline, the goals, potential complications and precautions, and appropriate therapeutic procedures.
These courses are essential to both inpatient and outpatient physical and occupational therapists, physical and occupational therapy assistants and athletic trainers who deal with postsurgical orthopedic cases!
Module 1 (Course #771): covers shoulder acromioplasty, anterior capsular reconstruction, rotator cuff repair and rehabilitation, and superior labral anterior/posterior repair.
Module 2 (Course #772): covers total shoulder arthroplasty, extensor brevis release & lateral epicondylectomy, reconstruction of the ulnar collateral ligament with ulnar nerve transposition and platelet rich plasma therapy.
Module 3 (Course #773): covers primary flexor tendon repair in the digit, carpal tunnel release, transitioning the throwing athlete back to the field, and anterior cervical discectomy and fusion.
Module 4 (Course #774): covers posterior lumbar arthroscopic discectomy, lumbar spine fusion and lumbar spine disc replacement.
Module 5 (Course #775): covers total hip arthroplasty, hip arthroscopy, hip ORIF, ACL reconstruction and arthroscopic lateral retinaculum release.
Module 6 (Course #776): covers meniscectomy and meniscal repair, autologous chondrocyte implantation, ORIF of the patella, total knee arthroplasty and lateral ligament repair of the ankle.
Module 7 (Course #777): covers ORIF of the ankle, ankle arthroscopy, achilles tendon repair and bunionectomies.
This package contains the required reading and test materials for Module 4 only.
Note: When ordering a single module or an electronic download version, only the selected chapters are included in the reading materials. When ordering a standard combo, triple, bundle, or value pack (not the electronic download version), the hardback textbook will be sent with the order.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM