Printer Friendly Copy
Building Effective Communication Skills in Healthcare
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 2
Registration Fee: $29.9500007629395
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify 2 definitions of communication
2. Identify 3 applications for good listening skills
3. Identify 1 definition of team
4. Identify 2 characteristics of a team
5. Identify 2 guidelines for effective team membership
6. Identify 7 items to be included in the therapy evaluation
7. Identify procedures to write an appropriate therapy physician order
8. Identify the difference between a therapy goal and a therapy plan
9. Identify procedures to document a daily note
10. Identify procedures to document a weekly note
11. Identify 5 items which should be included in a therapy discharge summary
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
Effective communication skills are essential for healthcare professionals! Clear and accurate documentation is one of the foundations of healthcare and this course emphasizes its importance along with the importance of building effective treatment teams, maintaining productive communication channels among the team members and developing good listening skills. Effective guidelines for writing evaluations, daily notes, weekly summaries and discharge summaries are presented. 18 pages.
Course Length: 2.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner
This course is intended to instruct the student, through self-paced study, in the purpose and procedures for team participation, including communication and documentation, in medical/healthcare settings.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM