Printer Friendly Copy
Evidence-based Use of Electrical Stimulation and Therapeutic Ultrasound for Physical and Occupational Therapists
Elite Rehabilitation Solutions
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 8
Registration Fee: $150
Upon completion of this course participants will : ??
1. Identify information and resources necessary to address a clinical problem and demonstrate effective clinical problem solving skills.
2. Participate in the critical analysis of current research and professional literature.
3. Identify the physiologic effects of applied physical agents on the human body.
4. Describe the indications and contraindications for the use of applied physical agents.
5. Select appropriate physical agents and demonstrate safe and competent use in the administration of therapy treatments.
6. Describe the rationale for the choice and use of specific agents in the treatment of certain conditions.
7. Propose appropriate dosage, duration, intensity, area to be treated, and result desired for various physical agents.
8. Integrate the use of physical agents as on component of a treatment plan.
9. Evaluate the agent's effectiveness and the patient's physiological response during treatment with various physical agents.
1.Electrophysiology - Introduction, waveforms, instrumentation, safety
2. Muscle re-education, Edema management, Wound healing
3.Pain management and iontophoresis
4.Therapeutic Ultrasound and Phonophoresis
This 8-hour course will provide you with the concepts of electrical stimulation and ultrasound and a thorough understanding of these treatment modalities administered by physical and occupational therapists in the clinical setting.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM