Printer Friendly Copy
Evidence Based Rehabilitation following Rotator Cuff Repair: Online Course
Elite Rehabilitation Solutions
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy
Contact Hours: 6
Registration Fee: $120
Following completion of the course, the participant will be able to:
• Appreciate the relationship of force couples of the glenohumeral and scapulo-thoracic joints and apply these concepts in rehabilitation of specific rotator cuff pathologies.
• Articulate the surgical considerations of a repaired rotator cuff and how they impact the rehabilitation process.
• Perform open and closed kinetic chain exercises to improve rotator cuff strength and scapular stabilization.
• Integrate evidence based exercise progressions for the rotator cuff and scapular musculature to maximize the healing of the rotator cuff repair and optimize the functional outcome of the shoulder complex.
• Apply an evidence based treatment guideline provided by the course faculty to small, medium, and large rotator cuff repairs.
This 6-hour online course was produced by the American Society of Shoulder and Elbow Therapists (ASSET). It is designed to provide the clinician with an advanced understanding of the anatomy and biomechanics of the shoulder girdle complex, and an appreciation of the critical factors related to rotator cuff pathophysiology, injury, tissue integrity, surgical repair and healing. These factors will be thoroughly explored to support an evidence based framework for the rehabilitation of the repaired rotator cuff. A detailed guideline including range of motion, exercise, and return to activity progressions will be presented with demonstration of key intervention techniques for each stage of rehabilitation.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM
|Brian Leggin, PT, DPT, OCS |
Chuck Thigpen, PT, PhD, ATC
Reg B. Wilcox III, PT, DPT, MS, OCS
Laurence D. Higgins, MD