Printer Friendly Copy
Medical Screening for Differential Diagnosis
Elite Rehabilitation Solutions
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy
Contact Hours: 8
Registration Fee: $150
Upon completion of this course participants will :
1. understand medical screening evaluations of clients.
2. be able to identify clusters of signs and symptoms of systemic origin affecting the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine, sacroiliac, hip, shoulder, and chest
3. learn the referred pain patterns originating from visceral organs.
4. appreciate the importance of sensitivity and specificity of clinical tests.
5. learn to screen efficiently and effectively for cancer.
6. identify which conditions would require immediate medical referral (differentiate red flags and yellow flags).
This course will focus on developing advanced clinical reasoning skills related to determining a patient's appropriateness for therapy. The course will build on concepts gleamed from clinical practice. Participants will learn to identify conditions that mimic musculoskeletal dysfunction. Medical screening procedures that are useful to physical therapists to identify non-musculoskeletal pathology will be discussed. In addition, laboratory and diagnostic procedures commonly used in the medical diagnosis of non-musculoskeletal disease will be incorporated.
Take the entire 8-hour course or take each 2-hour module separately. Modules include:
-Medical Screening for Systemic Pathology (Alerts & Alarms)
-Medical Screening of Pediatric and Adolescent Patients
-Medical Screening of Adult Patients
-Medical Screening of Geriatric Patients
Registration fee: 8-hour course: $175.00
Registration fee: 2-hour module: $50.00
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM