Printer Friendly Copy
Introduction to Pediatric Vestibular Rehabilitation: An Interactive, on-line course
Specialty Therapy Source, LLC
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 9
Registration Fee: $200
Following successful completion of the course, the participant will:
1. Identify the anatomical and physiological mechanisms underlying impairments related to vestibular dysfunction in children.
2. Describe appropriate clinical tests of vestibular function, to include analysis of test results.
3. List diagnoses commonly known to affect vestibular function in children
4. Identify appropriate intervention for vision and balance impairments related to vestibular dysfunction in children.
5. Identify the evidence supporting vestibular rehabilitation for children
5. Identify the evidence supporting vestibular rehabilitation for children.
APPROXIMATELY 9 HOURS are needed to complete all units and testing. Continuing education has been approved for physical therapists in Florida (110016475), Texas(50619A) and California(0.9CEUs;10-750). Participants are encouraged to check requirements with their local state licensing agency to assure that proper credit is received.
Particpants are encouraged to check requirements with the local state licensing agency to assure that proper credit is received.
An interactive video-based learning experience enables participants to follow a lecture sequence, review portions that are complex or novel to the learner, and advance at his/her own pace. This on-line course is organized in 3 separate units. Each unit will include a practice test that can be taken repeatedly to guide further study and prepare for the final exam. The learner must achieve a minimum score of 70% on a final exam, which is based on material from all units, to get the certficate of completion. Materials will be available for participants to review repeatedly for a 3 month period, to include the practice tests. Once the participant acheives a minimum of 70% success on the final test, and completes the course evaluation form, a certificate of successful completion will be provided.
This BASIC LEVEL course provides an overview of evidence based practice addressing vestibular related impairments in children. Material is organized in three units:
1) Anatomy and Physiology of the Vestibular System: basis for evaluation and intervention in children,
2) Evaluation of Vestibular Function in Children, and
3) Intervention for Impairments Related to Vestibular Dysfunction in Children.
Additional resources for vestibular rehabilitation materials, to include references within juried, peer reviewed journals, will be provided.
Dates and Locations
01-02-2020 - 01-02-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM