Printer Friendly Copy
Reducing Risk of Falls in the Elderly
Instructor: Leslie Allison P.T., Ph.D.
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Athletic Training
Registration Fee: $74
Upon completion of this Learning Lab, participants should be able to:
1) Discuss the cyclical, interactive systems model of postural control.
2) List at least five normal age-related changes in the sensory and motor systems.
3) Recognize at least ten risk-factors for falls.
4) Describe three scrrening tools to identify prospective fallers.
5) List the components of a thorough assessment of an at-risk elder and give a rationale for thier inclusion.
6) Generate two example treatment plans based on a given set of patient problems and describe how these plans might be modified as a patient improves.
Run Time: 4 hrs
Online Certificate provided by Broadband University
This seminar is designed for therapists who work with community or institutional dwelling older adults. Lecture will be used to introduce information, followed by case presentations to illustrate the application of principles to patient care. Treatment ideas for older adults with various levels of ability will also be discussed.
DVD also available for $123. Click here for DVD
For CEU information, click on the purchase button or contact Northeast Seminars directly at: 800-272-2044
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM