Printer Friendly Copy
Prenatal Massage Module 6
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy
Contact Hours: 6
Registration Fee: $78
1. Identify 5 factors that slow uterine involution.
2. Define primary postpartum hemorrhage (PPH).
3. Differentiate between 4 lacerations of the perineum.
4. List 9 newborn benefits of breastfeeding.
5. Identify 9 techniques for postpartum care of women confined to bed rest.
6. Identify two postpartum exercises that can help heal the diastasis recti.
7. List 10 techniques that bodyworkers can use to facilitate healing of the musculoskeletal system at 6 weeks postpartum.
8. Recognize PPD occurs in approximately 20% of new mothers.
9. List 12 factors affecting family adaptation.
10. Recognize testing technique for the presence of a diastasis.
11. Recognize testing technique to perform a muscle test on the sternal division of the pectoralis major.
12. Identify 8 techniques that can be used for cesarean scar massage.
13. Identify 23 marketing strategies.
14. Define passive income.
Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Physical Therapist Assistants.
Chapter 21: Immediate Postpartum Physiology and Treatment Goals
Chapter 22: Puerperium Physiology and Treatment Goals
Chapter 23: Extended Postpartum Physiology and Treatment Goals
Chapter 24: Marketing Strategies
By Elaine Stillerman, LMT
This course utilizes text from the softback textbook by Elaine Stillerman, LMT “Prenatal Massage” ©2008. Authored by a well-known expert on prenatal massage, this comprehensive text helps you understand the intricate physiology of pregnancy so you can confidently apply appropriate massage techniques for each trimester, and throughout labor and postpartum. You'll find clear, colorfully illustrated explanations of a wide range of techniques and procedures, including Swedish massage, acupuncture points, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, lymphatic drainage, and reflexology. Contraindications and precautions are also provided where necessary to help you provide safe and effective care for every client. A companion DVD packaged that enables you to watch demonstrations of techniques is available with the purchase of all mail format bundle packs of 20 contact hours or more
Dates and Locations
01-31-2020 - 01-31-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM