Printer Friendly Copy
Prenatal Massage Module 5
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy
Contact Hours: 6
Registration Fee: $78
1. List 8 labor stimulation techniques.
2. Recognize 7 advantages of leaning for the first stage of labor.
3. Recognize the lithotomy position.
4. Recognize parameters for the TENS unit to encourage the release of endorphins.
5. Define intradermal water blocks.
6. Identify 8 items used for labor equipment for back pain.
7. Recognize 2 acupuncture points that can pressed to treat lower back pain.
8. Define the transition phase of labor.
9. Recognize 7 techniques for stage three expulsion of the placenta.
10. List 9 techniques for stage four recovery.
11. List 14 signs of sexual abuse survivors in labor.
12. List 13 maternal risks associated with C-sections.
13. List 8 signs and symptoms of puerperal infection.
14. Identify and differentiate between 5 methods of assessing lochia flow in 1 hour.
Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Physical Therapist Assistants.
Chapter 17: Stimulating Labor
Chapter 18: Benefits of Touch During Labor
Chapter 19: Labor Support Massage
Chapter 20: Postpartum Complications
By Elaine Stillerman, LMT
This course utilizes text from the softback textbook by Elaine Stillerman, LMT “Prenatal Massage” ©2008. Authored by a well-known expert on prenatal massage, this comprehensive text helps you understand the intricate physiology of pregnancy so you can confidently apply appropriate massage techniques for each trimester, and throughout labor and postpartum. You'll find clear, colorfully illustrated explanations of a wide range of techniques and procedures, including Swedish massage, acupuncture points, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, lymphatic drainage, and reflexology. Contraindications and precautions are also provided where necessary to help you provide safe and effective care for every client. A companion DVD packaged that enables you to watch demonstrations of techniques is available with the purchase of all mail format bundle packs of 20 contact hours or more.
Dates and Locations
01-31-2020 - 01-31-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM