Printer Friendly Copy
Prenatal Massage Module 3
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy
Contact Hours: 6
Registration Fee: $78
1. Define ectopic pregnancy.
2. Recognize that chorionic villi sampling (CVS) is performed between 10 and 12 weeks’ gestation.
3. List 10 suggestions for treating morning sickness.
4. Recognize 9 self-help tips to help reduce the frequency and intensity of yeast infections.
5. Recognize at 19 weeks after conception, the fetus develops a protective coating called the vernix caseosa.
6. Recognize the psoas muscle is the only muscle to connect the spine to the leg.
7. Recognize positioning techniques for positional release of the iliopsoas.
8. List 16 characteristics of Braxton Hicks contractions.
9. Recognize that there are no products being sold today that can prevent stretch marks from developing.
10. Recognize the B67 acupunture point should not be stimulated before 37 weeks.
11. List 4 conditions that perineal massage should not be used for.
12. Define kegel exercises.
13. Identify 8 conditions that warrant a sitting massage.
14. Recognize proper body mechanics for the practitioner when performing a sitting massage.
Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Physical Therapist Assistants.
Chapter 9: Massage During the First Trimester and Fetal Development
Chapter 10: Massage During Second Trimester and Fetal Development
Chapter 11: Massage During Third Trimester and Fetal Development
Chapter 12: Massage for Labor Preparation
Chapter 13: Sitting Massage
By Elaine Stillerman, LMT
This course utilizes text from the softback textbook by Elaine Stillerman, LMT “Prenatal Massage” ©2008. Authored by a well-known expert on prenatal massage, this comprehensive text helps you understand the intricate physiology of pregnancy so you can confidently apply appropriate massage techniques for each trimester, and throughout labor and postpartum. You'll find clear, colorfully illustrated explanations of a wide range of techniques and procedures, including Swedish massage, acupuncture points, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, lymphatic drainage, and reflexology. Contraindications and precautions are also provided where necessary to help you provide safe and effective care for every client. A companion DVD packaged that enables you to watch demonstrations of techniques is available with the purchase of all mail format bundle packs of 20 contact hours or more.
Dates and Locations
01-31-2020 - 01-31-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM