Printer Friendly Copy
Florida Laws and Rules for Occupational Therapy
Discipline(s): Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 2
Registration Fee: $25
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the AOTA’s Code of Ethics and Ethics Standards.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of Florida Administrative Code, and the Florida Title XXXII Chapter 468 Miscellaneous Professions and Occupations Part III Occupational Therapy Practice Act.
3. Define ethics and the components of ethical standards and behavior.
4. Define the concepts of business and professional ethics.
5. Identify the difference between technical care and ethical care.
6. Define the concepts of nonmaleficence, beneficence, fidelity, autonomy, veracity, justice.
7. Define the concepts of professional and personal integrity such as honesty, non-discrimination, misconduct and conflict of interest.
8. Recognize how the concepts of professional and personal integrity apply to workplace situations.
Occupational Therapist, and Occupational Therapist Assistants.
Unit 1: Ethics in Healthcare
Unit 2: Defining Ethics
Unit 3: Why Ethics Matters
“Florida Laws and Rules for Occupational Therapy” was written by Rebecca J. Stigall, ed. Anne Osborn MPT ©2010.
“Florida Laws and Rules for Occupational Therapy” is designed to educate the healthcare professional in understanding the basic theories and approaches to ethical decision making.
This course meets the ethics requirement for Florida based on the guidelines established by the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy. HomeCEUConnection.com is a Florida Board of Occupational Therapy Practice Approved Provider and an AOTA Approved Provider.
“Florida Laws and Rules for Occupational Therapy” has been approved for 2 contact hours. This course is available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail.
Dates and Locations
01-31-2020 - 01-31-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM