Printer Friendly Copy
Ohio Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Occupational Therapy
Discipline(s): Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 2
Registration Fee: $25
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the AOTA’s Code of Ethics and Ethics Standards.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of Ohio Laws and Rules Regulating the Practice of Occupational Therapy.
3. Define ethics and the components of ethical standards and behavior.
4. Define the concepts of business and professional ethics.
5. Identify the difference between technical care and ethical care.
6. Define the concepts of nonmaleficence, beneficence, fidelity, autonomy, veracity, justice.
7. Define the concepts of professional and personal integrity such as honesty, non-discrimination, misconduct and conflict of interest.
8. Recognize how the concepts of professional and personal integrity apply to workplace situations.
Occupational Therapist, and Occupational Therapist Assistants.
Unit 1: Ethics in Healthcare
Unit 2: Defining Ethics
Unit 3: Why Ethics Matters
“Ohio Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Occupational Therapy” was written by Rebecca J. Stigall, ed. Anne Osborn MPT ©2010.
“Ohio Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Occupational Therapy” is designed to educate the healthcare professional in understanding the basic theories and approaches to ethical decision making.
This course meets the ethics requirement for Ohio based on the guidelines established by the Ohio Board of Occupational Therapy. This course is approved by the AOTA, as HomeCeuConnection.com is an AOTA approved provider.
“Ohio Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Occupational Therapy” has been approved for 2 contact hours. This course is available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail
Dates and Locations
01-31-2020 - 01-31-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM