Printer Friendly Copy
Oklahoma Ethics and Professional Responsibility
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy
Contact Hours: 4
Registration Fee: $54
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the APTA’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapist Assistant.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the legal standards of behavior according to the Oklahoma Practice Act and Administrative Code for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants.
3. Define ethics and the components of ethical standards and behavior.
4. Define the concepts of business and professional ethics.
5. Identify the difference between technical care and ethical care.
6. Define the concepts of nonmaleficence, beneficence, fidelity, autonomy, veracity, justice.
7. Define the concepts of professional and personal integrity such as honesty, non-discrimination, misconduct and conflict of interest.
8. Recognize how the concepts of professional and personal integrity apply to workplace situations.
Physical Therapist, and Physical Therapist Assistants.
Unit 1: Ethics in Healthcare
Unit 2: Defining Ethics
Unit 3: Why Ethics Matters
“Oklahoma Ethics and Professional Responsibility” was written by Rebecca J. Stigall, ed. Anne Osborn MPT ©2010.
“Oklahoma Ethics and Professional Responsibility” is designed to educate the healthcare professional in understanding the basic theories and approaches to ethical decision making. The “Oklahoma Ethics and Professional Responsibility” course also includes the Oklahoma Physical Therapy Practice Act, Oklahoma Administrative Code for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants, APTA Code of Ethics, and APTA Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapy Assistant.
This course meets the ethics requirement for Oklahoma and has been approved by the Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision Physical Therapy Advisory Committee
“Oklahoma Ethics and Professional Responsibility” has been approved for 4 contact hours. This course is available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail.
Dates and Locations
01-31-2020 - 01-31-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM