Printer Friendly Copy
Florida Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Massage Therapy
Discipline(s): Social Work
Contact Hours: 2
Registration Fee: $25
1. Define ethics and the components of ethical standards and behavior.
2. Define the concepts of business and professional ethics.
3. Identify the difference between technical care and ethical care.
4. Define the concepts of nonmaleficence, beneficence, fidelity, autonomy, veracity, justice.
5. Define the concepts of professional and personal integrity such as honesty, non-discrimination, misconduct and conflict of interest.
Recognize how the concepts of professional and personal integrity apply to workplace situations.
Unit 1: Ethics in Healthcare
Unit 2: Defining Ethics
Unit 3: Why Ethics Matters
“Florida Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Massage Therapy” was written by Rebecca J. Stigall, ed. Anne Osborn MPT ©2010.
“Florida Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Massage Therapy” is designed to educate the healthcare professional in understanding the basic theories and approaches to ethical decision making.
This course meets the ethics course requirement for Florida and has been approved by the Florida Board of Massage Therapy.
“Florida Ethics and Professional Responsibility for Massage Therapy” has been approved for 2 contact hours. This course is available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail
Dates and Locations
01-31-2020 - 01-31-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM