Printer Friendly Copy
Florida Laws and Rules
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy
Contact Hours: 2
Registration Fee: $25
1. Define ethics and the components of ethical standards and behavior.
2. Define the concepts of business and professional ethics.
3. Identify the difference between technical care and ethical care.
4. Define the concepts of nonmaleficence, beneficence, fidelity, autonomy, veracity, justice.
5. Define the concepts of professional and personal integrity such as honesty, non-discrimination, misconduct and conflict of interest.
6. Recognize how the concepts of professional and personal integrity apply to workplace situations.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of the APTA’s Code of Ethics, and APTA Standards of Ethical Conduct for the Physical Therapy Assistant.
8. Identify the Florida Administrative Code and the Florida Physical Therapy Practice Act (Title XXXII, Chapter 486).
Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistants.
Unit 1: Ethics in Healthcare
Unit 2: Defining Ethics
Unit 3: Why Ethics Matters
“Florida Laws and Rules” was written by Rebecca J. Stigall, ed. Anne Osborn MPT ©2010.
“Florida Laws and Rules” is designed to educate the healthcare professional in understanding the basic theories and approaches to ethical decision making.
This course meets the laws and rules course requirement for Florida and has been approved by the Florida Physical Therapy Association.
“Florida Laws and Rules” has been approved for 2 contact hours. This course is available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail.
Dates and Locations
01-31-2020 - 01-31-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM