Printer Friendly Copy
Prenatal & Postpartum Exercise Design
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 8
Registration Fee: $119.949996948242
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the effect of exercise on maternal health.
2. Identify the effect of maternal exercise on fetal health
3. Identify cardiovascular, circulatory, respiratory, metabolic, thermal and musculoskeletal changes during pregnancy
4. Identify 15 contraindications to aerobic exercise during pregnancy
5. Identify 10 warning signs to terminate exercise while pregnant
6. Identify techniques for monitoring exercise with pregnant women
7. Identify 20 prenatal strengthening and stretching exercises
8. Identify benefits of water exercising while pregnant
9. Identify components of a water exercise program for a pregnant woman
10. Identify components of a postnatal exercise program
11. Identify 5 core strengthening exercises after cesarean delivery
12. Identify techniques for scar tissue mobilization
13. Identify the 5 Sahrmann exercises for postnatal exercise
14. Identify components of a maternal exercise class/program
15. Identify complications and common conditions of pregnancy and postpartum and how these complications can impact an exercising pregnant woman
16. Identify professional responsibilities when working with a prenatal or postpartum client
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
Discover what every exercise professional with prenatal or postpartum women clients should know about designing a safe and appropriate exercise program. Learn the effect of exercise on maternal and fetal health and how to set intensity levels and modify exercise based on the most recent ACOG Guidelines. This course covers the latest research, demonstrates appropriate abdominal and pelvic floor exercises and suggests guidelines for strength training, water exercise and competitive sports during pregnancy. The DVD included in this package demonstrates self-care techniques for postpartum women and shows a home care visit from a therapist instructing a new mother in the techniques and exercises. 211 pages & DVD.
Course Length: 8.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
This course is intended to instruct the student, through self-paced study, on guidelines and precautions for prenatal and postpartum exercise design.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM