Printer Friendly Copy
Stroke Rehabilitation: Guidelines for Exercise and Training to Optimize Motor Skill: Module 1
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 8
Registration Fee: $119.949996948242
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. List 3 components of the rehabilitation environment
2. List 2 methods of directing the focus of attention of a patient
3. List the 2 principle forms of feedback to patients and site examples of each
4. List 3 objective testing profiles which can be used to objectify functional outcomes of treatment
5. List 3 advantages of “group” rehabilitation over one-on-one treatment
6. List the 3 principle challenges the postural system must meet for activities of daily living
7. List 4 factors associated with decreased balance in the elderly
8. List 6 reasons to re-establish sitting balance early in stroke rehabilitation
9. List 5 functional balance tests
10. Describe a balance treatment program progressing from sitting balance to standing balance with varying factors of difficulty
11. List 6 major requirements for successful walking
12. List 4 roles of the lower extremities in the stance phase of gait
13. Describe 5 common differences between normal gait and hemiplegic gait
14. List 6 functional gait tests for objectifying gait measurements
15. List 7 benefits of training on a treadmill with a harness for partial body weight support
16. Describe the effects on gait ambulation assistive devices (walkers, canes) may have
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
This course is offered in cooperation with Elsevier Science and utilizes the textbook "Stroke Rehabilitation: Guidelines for Exercise & Training to Optimize Motor Skill "c2003. The last decade has seen rapid progress in the treatment and rehabilitation of stroke patients. This long-awaited guide covers essential task and context specific exercises and training regimes for optimal functional recovery. Based on scientific rationale and the latest clinical research, this book emphasizes the training of effective functional motor performance using methods that both provide a stimulus to the acquisition of skill and increase strength, endurance and fitness. This course is essential to those dealing with stroke patients in all rehabilitation settings!
Module 1 covers the rehabilitation environment, outcome measurement and training guidelines for balance and ambulation.
Module 2 covers the rehabilitation environment, outcome measurement and training guidelines for sit to stand training and upper extremity mobility.
Module 3 covers the rehabilitation environment, outcome measurement, impairments and adaptations of stroke patients, strength training principles and physical conditioning
Entire textbook is 301 pages.
This package contains the required textbook and test materials for Module 1 only.
Course Length: 8.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
This course is intended to instruct the student through self-paced study on the treatment principles for treating a stroke patient emphasizing early mobility in respect to balance training and ambulation and to identify specific treatment principles for the rehabilitation environment for stroke patients.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM