Printer Friendly Copy
The Hand: Fundamentals of Therapy: Module 3
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 7
Registration Fee: $104.949996948242
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. List 11 things to assess visually during a hand evaluation
2. Describe the 3 phases of wound healing
3. Describe 3 treatment goals during the inflammatory phase of wound healing
4. Describe 4 uses of Coban wrap in hand therapy.
5. List 7 possible complications after a digit amputation
6. Describe treatment protocols for amputation of the digits
7. Identify the difference between osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
8. Describe treatment protocols for patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
9. Identify the difference between swan-neck deformity and boutonniere deformity in the rheumatoid arthritic hand
10. List the 5 stages of treatment for a complex hand injury
11. List 5 advantages of microvascular free tissue transfer for hand soft tissue defects
12. List 4 advantages of fascial flaps over fasciocutaneous flaps
13. List 4 muscles which are commonly used as muscle flaps in the upper extremity
14. State 4 different causes of burns
15. Identify the 3 degrees of burn injuries
16. Describe 4 aims of treatment with a burn injury patient
17. Differentiate between Type 1 and Type 2 chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
18. List 5 symptoms of chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
19. List 6 surgical procedures that have a high incidence of developing chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
20. Describe the 2 components of the “stress loading” program for patients with chronic regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
This course is offered in cooperation with Elsevier Science and utilizes the textbook, "The Hand: Fundamentals of Therapy"by Judith Boscheinen-Morrin, Dip. OT, MAAOT, MAHTA and W. Bruce Conolly, AM, FRACS, FRCS, FACS. This course discusses many common diagnoses associated with the hand, surgical interventions, therapy assessment and treatment, splinting techniques and post-operative treatments.
Module 1 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, flexor tendon disorders, extensor tendon disorders, peripheral nerve injuries, tendon transfers and peripheral nerve entrapment disorders.
Module 2 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, conditions of the wrist and finger tendons, Dupuytren's contracture, fractures of the hand, joint injuries of the fingers and thumb and wrist disorders
Module 3 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, digital and partial hand amputations, arthritic hand disorders, complex hand injuries, microvascular free tissue transfers, burn injuries and chronic regional pain syndrome.
Entire textbook is 243 pgs.
This package contains the required reading and test materials for Module 3 only.
Course Length: 7.0 contact hours
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM