Printer Friendly Copy
The Hand: Fundamentals of Therapy: Module 2
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 7
Registration Fee: $104.949996948242
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. List 11 things to assess visually during a hand evaluation
2. Describe the 3 phases of wound healing
3. Describe 3 treatment goals during the inflammatory phase of wound healing
4. Describe 4 uses of Coban wrap in hand therapy.
5. Describe 4 constrictive conditions of the wrist and fingers
6. Describe a conservative rehabilitation program for constrictive conditions of the wrist and fingers
7. Describe a rehabilitation program for Dupuytren’s contractures
8. Identify the difference between a stable and unstable hand fracture
9. Identify the 3 phases of bone healing
10. Describe treatment protocols for 3 different types of hand fractures
11. Describe treatment protocols for joint injuries of the fingers and the thumb
12. Identify 2 types of distal radial fractures
13. Identify 5 complications of distal radial fractures
14. Describe methods of injury for fractures of the carpal bones
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
This course is offered in cooperation with Elsevier Science and utilizes the textbook, "The Hand: Fundamentals of Therapy"by Judith Boscheinen-Morrin, Dip. OT, MAAOT, MAHTA and W. Bruce Conolly, AM, FRACS, FRCS, FACS. This course discusses many common diagnoses associated with the hand, surgical interventions, therapy assessment and treatment, splinting techniques and post-operative treatments.
Module 1 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, flexor tendon disorders, extensor tendon disorders, peripheral nerve injuries, tendon transfers and peripheral nerve entrapment disorders.
Module 2 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, conditions of the wrist and finger tendons, Dupuytren's contracture, fractures of the hand, joint injuries of the fingers and thumb and wrist disorders
Module 3 covers hand assessment, treatment principles and tools, digital and partial hand amputations, arthritic hand disorders, complex hand injuries, microvascular free tissue transfers, burn injuries and chronic regional pain syndrome.
There are 243 pages in the entire textbook.
This package contains the required reading and test materials for Module 2 only.
Course Length: 7.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM