Printer Friendly Copy
Exercise and Multiple Sclerosis
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 6
Registration Fee: $104.949996948242
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Outline the symptoms, pathology, types and related impairments associated with MS.
2. List the benefits of physical activity for people with MS and be aware of the information needed for starting a patient with MS on an exercise program.
3. Identify appropriate exercise recommendations and precautions for the patient with MS.
4. Identify appropriate communication to use when working with patient with MS.
5. Instruct patents with varying levels of MS in safe and effective exercise including cardiovascular exercise, strength training, flexibility training, ambulation, balance and perceptual motor activities, and aquatic exercise.
6. Identify appropriate transfer techniques for patients with MS.
7. Identify appropriate exercise monitoring techniques.
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
This course is offered in cooperation with Desert Southwest Fitness. Acquire the tools and stategies to improve physical fitness and functional ability for clients with multiple sclerosis who have varying symptoms of the disease and levels of ability. Learn exercise precautions, program design, perceptual motor and balance skill development, ambulation training, transfer techniques and much more in the only course of its kind. 120 pgs.
Course Length: 6.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
This course is intended to instruct the student in the etiology of multiple sclerosis and treatment considerations for rehabilitation with patients with multiple sclerosis.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM