Printer Friendly Copy
Exercise and Parkinson's Disease
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 6
Registration Fee: $104.949996948242
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
1. Provide a general overview of the clinical condition of Parkinson’s disease (PD)
2. Identify the cardinal signs of Parkinson’s Disease
3. List the direct and indirect impairments of Parkinson’s disease and factors that may aggravate symptoms
4. Outline management strategies for Parkinson’s disease
5. Discuss the benefits of regular physical activity in the management of Parkinson’s disease
6. Explain the essential components of an exercise program for a client with Parkinson’s disease
7. Discuss exercise design for clients with Parkinson’s disease with respect to mode, intensity, duration, frequency and progression of exercise.
8. Discuss pain and energy conservation considerations relevant to exercise design
9. Outline general exercise considerations and recommendations for clients with Parkinson’s disease.
10. Explain appropriate health screening methods and exercise monitoring techniques for clients with Parkinson’s disease.
11. Identify common classifications of drugs used in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and their effect of the exercising client
12. Outline professional responsibilities of the clinical exercise specialist when working with a client with Parkinson’s disease
13. Identify a multidisciplinary team approach for the Parkinson’s disease client.
14. Outline community and internet resources for the client with Parkinson’s disease
15. List evaluation tools that may be used in the assessment of physical performances in the client with Parkinson’s disease, and to monitor the progression of the disease
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
This course is offered in cooperation with Desert Southwest Fitness. Parkinson's disease is considered by many to be the primary neurological disease of the elderly. Upon completing this course you will understand the cardinal signs, common symptoms and associated physical impairments of the condition. A complete section is devoted to specific exercise management strategies and program design components for working with a client with Parkinson's disease. 117 pgs.
Course Length: 6.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM