Printer Friendly Copy
Multidisciplinary Therapy Screening
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy / Speech-Language / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 2
Registration Fee: $29.9500007629395
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
1. Identify the purpose for multidisciplinary therapy screens.
2. Identify services listed under the scope of practice for physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech-language pathology.
3. Identify how to perform a multidisciplinary screening in one healthcare setting.
4. Identify when multidisciplinary therapy screenings should occur.
5. Identify how to properly document information obtained from a multidisciplinary therapy screening.
6. Identify 11 skill/functional areas that should be reviewed in a multidisciplinary therapy screening.
7. Identify 4 common sources for data when performing a multidisciplinary therapy screening.
8. Identify how to make an appropriate therapy referral.
9. Identify the differences in initiating treatment with a patient who is covered under Medicare Part A, Medicare Part B, private insurance, hospice or is unfunded.
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
Screening patients for additional therapy needs is an important part of their rehabilitative success. Do you know how to perform a multidisciplinary screening? This course teaches you the practice acts for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Pathology so you can make appropriate referrals for your patients as needed. The course covers the screening process and includes a multidisciplinary screening form that can be copied and used in your facility. Particularly helpful in acute care and skilled nursing facilities, this multidisciplinary screening course will help to insure that your patients benefit the most from their rehabilitation program. 21 pages
Course Length: 2.0 contact hour
Instructional Level: Beginner
This course is intended to instruct the student, through self-paced study, in the purpose and procedure for appropriate multidisciplinary therapy screening in medical/healthcare settings.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM