Printer Friendly Copy
Common Phrase Translation: Spanish for English Speakers: Physical Therapy
At Home Seminars
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Athletic Training
Contact Hours: 5
Registration Fee: $74.9499969482422
At the end of this self-study program, the student will be able to:
1. Locate and retrieve seven common phrases regarding salutations used to open and close communication.
2. Locate and retrieve 71 common phrases used in evaluation of physical therapy clients.
3. Locate and retrieve 34 phrases used in treatment of physical therapy clients.
4. Locate and retrieve six phrases regarding precautions and safety.
5. Locate and retrieve eight phrases used for encouragement of the client.
6. The physical therapy student will be able to identify 16 phrases from the occupational therapy and 6 phrases from the speech therapy sections of the book.
7. Understand cultural competence and its history.
8. Identify simple social greetings in five other languages.
9. Use appendix A to identify the number of living languages of 5 countries.
10. Use appendix B to locate resources from five different disciplines.
Click the "purchase" button for CEU approvals and complete course details.
At Home Seminars courses are available as a downloadable file or we’ll ship your order by UPS, Priority Mail or US Express Mail.
Testing: You can take your test online, fax your answer sheets, or mail your test. All tests are processed within 24 business hours regardless of how they are received. Testing online is free and you will find out immediately if you have passed or failed and can print a temporary certificate until your original arrives in the mail.
Learn to break the language barrier between you and your patients and improve your cultural competency! This exciting new course has over 700 English to Spanish phrases for Physical and Occupational Therapists to use during evaluation and treatment in Acute Care, Rehab, SNF, Out Patient, Adult Day and Home Health. Categories include Openings and Closings, Evaluation and Treatment, Anatomy, Neuromuscular, Sensation, Activites of Daily Living, Prosthetics, Wheelchair Mobility, Ambulation, Gross Motor Skills, Seated Exercises, Precautions for weight bearing and hip replacements, Self Feeding and Swallowing and more! 112 pgs.
Course Length: 5.0 contact hours
Instructional Level: Beginner
This order number (405PT) includes the Physical Therapy Module
Common Phrase Translation: Spanish for English Speakers-Physical Therapy
This course is intended to instruct, through self-study, the physical therapy student regarding cultural competence, and to familiarize the student with common English to Spanish phrases used during evaluation and treatment in a variety of settings. The concentration will be primarily physical therapy, however, since there is overlap between the disciplines, we have included a brief introduction of occupational and speech therapy phrases as well.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM