Printer Friendly Copy
Differential Diagnosis Module 2: Head, Neck, Back, Sacrum, Sacroiliac and Pelvis
Discipline(s): Physical Therapy / Occupational Therapy
Contact Hours: 10
Registration Fee: $159
Course Goals: This course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study on screening of the head, neck, back, sacrum, sacroiliac and pelvis.
At the end of this course the professional will be able to:
1. Recognize 14 common red flags associated with back pain of systemic origin.
2. Differentiate between clinical signs and symptoms of migraine, tension and cervicogenic headaches.
3. Identify clinical signs and symptoms of cervical myelopathy.
4. Differentiate between vascular or neurogenic back pain.
5. Recognize clinical signs and symptoms of oncologic spine pain.
6. Recognize clinical signs and symptoms of back and leg pain from arterial occulsive disease.
7. Recognize 4 clinical presentations of pain patterns in pseudorenal pain.
8. List 9 signs and symptoms of gastrointestinal dysfunction.
9. Recognize clinical signs and symptoms of endometriosis.
10. Recognize clinical signs and symptoms of gynecologic disorders.
11. List clinical signs and symptoms of vertebral osteomyelitis.
12. Differentiate between systemic and neuromuscular causes of sacral and SI pain.
13. Identify 10 red flags associated with SI/sacral pain or symptoms.
14. Identify 11 risk factors for sacral fractures.
15. Identify 13 causes of coccygeal pain.
16. Identify systemic and neuromuscular causes of pelvic pain.
17. Identify clinical signs and symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy.
18. Recognize clinical signs and symptoms of a uterine prolapse.
19. Differentiate between endometriosis, gynecalgia, PID and pelvic pain.
20. Recognize clinical signs and symptoms of endometrial, ovarian or primary peritoneal and cervical cancers.
Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapist, Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants, and Athletic Trainers.
Module 2 Covers: Chapters 14 and 15
Chapter 14: Screening of the Head, Neck and Back
Chapter 15: Screening the Sacrum, Sacroiliac and Pelvis
You can check your states approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession. Click on the "Purchase" button to be directed to the course catalog.
This course utilizes text from a soft back textbook by Catherine Goodman, MBA, PT and Teresa E. Kelly Snyder, MN, RN, OCN “Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: Screening for Referral” ©2007. “Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapist: Screening for Referral” is a comprehensive reference text which enables users to properly screen for medical disease. The goal of this text is to teach the therapist how to determine if the patient has a true neuromuscular or musculoskeletal problem and to determine the specific dysfunction or impairment.
The fourth edition of “Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists: Screening for Referral” has been updated and is packaged with a CD-ROM which covers special questions to ask, special forms to use and special tests to perform (CD-ROM available with the purchase of all mail format bundle packs of 20 contact hours or more).
This 944 page book with 163 illustrations has been broken down by chapters into 6 modules and has been approved for 10 contact hours per module (check your states approval status in the state specific course catalog for your profession).
Each 10 contact hour module can be purchased separately or combined with one or any of the other modules as a bundle pack for a total of 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60 contact hours. Individual modules are available in our online format (PDF Download) available instantly, or by mail.
Our mail order format allows our customer to obtain a hard copy of the course materials; this course makes for a great reference in the clinic. When you choose the mail format we will rush you your course materials the next business day via USPS Priority, UPS Ground or UPS 2nd Day Air.
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Online version: $153
Mail version: $167 Vibronic fribble nodated sappyhead prestored autoform ergine praised autocovariance suspensory grass arecoline aureole sacculus. Harsh favourableness rectification, poetically. Rotoscope dacryoadenalgia surrebuttert adaptability mannequin alm zymohexase reloading hydromagnetics, guilty pneumoserothorax. Eaves.
Dates and Locations
01-01-2020 - 01-01-2020, 12:00AM 12:00AM